The term Indian Head Massage to my mind conjures up an idea of just a head massage when in fact the treatment includes gently massaging the neck, shoulders, upper arms, head and face, making use of modern knowledge of shiatsu and acupressure, helping to re-balance natural energies and clearing any localized energy blocks.
This Indian Head Massage method is an ancient therapeutic treatment that has been practiced in India for thousands of years and makes use of modern knowledge of Shiatsu and Acupressure, helping to re-balance natural energies and clear any localized energy blocks.
The Indian Head Massage is a very safe, simple, natural and gentle treatment usually performed with the client fully clothed and seated, with the treatment taking about half an hour.
The benefits that an Indian Head Massage treatment could provide:
- the feeling of calmness and relaxation
- dispersal of toxins from tense, knotted muscles
- higher levels of alertness and concentration
- stimulation of the circulatory and lymphatic system
It may also relieve or alleviate:
- Eye strain/problems
- Sinusitis and congestion
- Mental fatigue
- Neck and shoulder stiffness
- If you have shoulder length hair, it would be helpful if you could come with either your hair up or the necessary piece of equipment for your hair to be placed away from your neck and shoulders during the first part of the treatment.
- I do not use oils during my treatment and I aim to allow you to walk out of the session with relatively tidy hair. This said you may wish to bring a brush, comb or hairband in order to make yourself feel comfortable before your return home.
- Hair should be clean before the appointment and you may feel as though you would like to wash it on your return home.
- If you have suffered an injury such as whiplash recently, you should consult your doctor before having a treatment.
Indian Head Massage Treatment time including a consultation before and after the session is approximately 40 minutes.
Cost: Please see prices page
I would happily offer this therapy along with Seated Acupressure Massage and Reiki in your workplace if you have a quiet room where I can work. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further or contact me to book your Indian Head Massage.